Friday, October 19, 2012

Week 17: The Next Big Thing



Questions and Answers about my WIP



What is the working title of your book? Long Road Full Speed Ahead

Where did the idea come from for the book? It is based on real life events and my kooky imagination.

What genre does your book fall under? Adult Fiction/Drama

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Possibly Lea Michelle and Jesse Eisenburg for the leads. Off the top of my head.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? A young girl struggles with abuse, addiction, and abortion while going to school.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Mystic Press will have it on January 5th.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Four months, but I didn't work on it consistently.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Possibly ... no I don't know... The movie Requiem for a Dream comes to mind without all the icky parts.

Who or what inspired you to write this book? Lots of things I have read, watched, heard, and experienced.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest? It has a dark humor running beneath the drama... 

My Five Lovely Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment