Friday, July 6, 2012

Quick Picks

Some of my Goodreads Reviews!


 Ties To The Blood MoonTies To The Blood Moon by Robin P. Waldrop
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I knew going into Ties to the Blood Moon that it was a YA novel. So I was prepared for the teen angst and the instant love everyone always criticizes. If you remember being seventeen though, you could fall in love in a class period. That being said I thought I had the book figured out, and I knew what was going to happen. I was totally wrong. By the time I had gotten into the meat of the story I didn't know what to expect next or who to trust.

I enjoyed the twists that the author put into the story. There was a lot of action and some suspenseful times. I gave it five stars because it kept me interested, and it surprised me. Well done Robin!

View all my reviews Book of Curses (The Renning Chronicles, Book 1)Book of Curses by L.D. Hutchinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I felt like I was easily transformed into Raine's world, or her new world as she put it. It is not easy to flawlessly move through as many characters as there are in Book of Curses, but somehow Hutchinson makes it work.

I found myself wanting to know what would happen next. I thought that it was an easy read even with so much going on. I gave it five stars because it kept my attention and kept the action going.

I also enjoyed that their was no main love story to surround the book on. It is a refreshing change from some of the YA novels I have read in a similar genre.

Raine is a strong female character, a little angry at times, but she seemed real to me. I am looking forward to the next book.

View all my reviews City of SilverCity of Silver by Danielle Raver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

City of Silver was interesting to me to read. I liked not knowing if the character was in a dream or reality. I enjoyed the way she took you into the future without having to go into much detail. I like this author's style of writing, and would be compelled to read more from her just from this small glimpse. I thought the imagery was beautiful and I enjoyed reading it.

When someone steps out of the box and writes from a vivid imagination, it is a beautiful thing!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment