Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mouch and Company: The Dream Psychic

Mouch and Company: The Dream Psychic

A fun and suspenseful ride.

Being a teenager is tough enough, but try it when you have schizophrenia and psychic abilities that make all of your imaginary friends real...The odds are against Mouch-he's locked up in Talsom Mental Asylum; his only friends are a sock puppet and his shadow. Worst of all, he suffers from amnesia; his earliest memory is of being found alone in a mall wearing nothing but a pair of polka-dotted boxer shorts, a pair of fluffy white bunny slippers, and a hat made from a newspaper.... and covered in a generous amount of blood. When an elderly gentleman visits him and reveals that Mouch is not crazy but is actually a psychic, Mouch does what any rational person would do-he runs for the door. Once outside of Talsom, Mouch soon finds himself thrust into a battle against a sinister movement of dark psychics who threaten to destroy the entire psychic community.

***

I didn't know where this book was going to take me when I started to read it. I was immediately drawn to the main character Mouch, and found him intriguing. Even if he would not have had a terrifyingly described imaginary friend who was real, and a sock puppet he conversed with regularly I would have found him interesting. As it was he was a unique character, as were Mav and Sherman; two er.. people he conversed with alone.

I liked the way there was a seamless transition from each character's point of view. You were able to get in everyone of the character's heads, excuse the pun, and I liked knowing what they were all thinking.

I was pulling for certain people and then I wasn't. I liked people I hated at first, and hated people I liked in the beginning. I found myself nervous for the characters, and not sure what was going to happen next. The book had non-stop action and enough twists to keep me on my toes.
I think even if this is not the type of book you would normally read, you would be surprised once you started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment