Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Forever Girl

I am not going to rate any book I read on a scale. What some people think is a 3 others may think is a 10. I will only put book reviews here of books I couldn't put down, and books that inspired me as an author, and sparked my imagination as a reader.   The first book that will be reviewed on Self Publish or Die is the Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton. I loved it!

 

 "AN EVER-PRESENT STATIC had moved into my head like a squatter I couldn't evict, and I thought getting rid of it would be my best shot at survival." This is such a great first line for such a great novel.

Painting a picture with words is something that the author seems to do effortlessly Sophia, the book's main character, is one that a lot of people will be able to relate to.Sophia is working a dead end job, living in a dead relative's house, and dealing with an overbearing and deeply religious mother. On top of all that she is plagued by a noise in her head that she cannot explain. Being Wiccan she attempts to silence the hissing with a spell. When it escalates to voices she begins to think she has gone mad.

This is just the beginning of Sophia's story, but the imagery of the writing, and the consistent flow of the story had me hooked from the beginning. As the novel continues Sophia learns that there are more things in the world then just humans and animals. There is a whole paranormal existence that she never even imagined. Now she will be caught up in the middle of it after a friend takes her into their world. The book had me up late, neglecting my shower so that I could finish it. It is a great novel for those who like paranormal books, but are sick of the same old story. The twists in the book kept me guessing, and I found myself thinking about her beautiful use of words throughout the book long after I had finished it. I cannot wait for the next edition of The Forever Girls! Well done Ms. Hamilton.
The Forever Girl

Check out the main site Self Publish or Die We've got interviews, giveaways, fun posts, and more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment