Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Demon Side

The Demon Side
Heaven Liegh Eldeen

Delightful in an evil way....

Blurb

“Every kid has problems. Every kid has even more problems when they move to a new home. But when a kid with problems moves to a new home that has a Demon living inside it—look out!

Etta’s world is about to spin out of control when she encounters her new roommate—and Rahovart, that ancient trickster, is in for a few surprises too. So don’t mind all the crashing and rumbling; that’s just the normal noise Angels and Demons make when they’re fighting an epic war in the attic.

One thing’s for sure: Etta and Rahovart will have to go through Hell to Heaven and back again before that old Victorian home in Quantico Town finally quiets down… ”

Excerpt:

Etta plopped back onto her bed and stared at the ceiling for a few moments. I wished I could hear her thoughts. Her father had just admitted to being a murderer for all practical purposes, though that was not how I viewed him. I truly believed John only tried to save the village, but his fervor and some help from a desperate Alastor, turned what should have been a heroic act into a bloodbath. Many men have unknowingly fallen from grace in the name of the greater good. Now, hopefully Etta would see that her father was just the victim of blurred lines between good and evil.

“What are you thinking?” I asked as I lay down next to her on the bed.

“Can a person still go to Heaven even if they’ve killed someone?”

“Well, I’m not in the business of getting people to Heaven, Etta. That’s the last place I want them to go,” I reluctantly replied.

“Even if it were me?” Etta stared hard at me with watery eyes, looking right into my blackened soul. I never gave much thought to where her soul would go, except to stop her from mistakenly giving it to me.

“That is a choice for you to make. I can’t force you to choose a side. I can only put the temptations in front of you.”

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“What do you want me to say? I want to see you burn in the depths of Hell? You’ll never hear that from me. Only you and your actions can decide where you go when you leave this world.”

“I would go if it meant I could be with you, you know.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.” As much as I would have loved for that to be the case, her comment angered me. I couldn’t imagine a person like her becoming something like me.

“I know that when you’re around I feel safe nothing could ever hurt me. I get butterflies in my stomach when you touch me. I know your soul, Ra. I don’t know how, but I know. I knew it the second I saw you. You weren’t meant for this existence. You fought for good once, and I’m certain you will again.” Etta was strong in words. She spoke with solid confidence. She described what I felt.

MY REVIEW OF THE DEMON SIDE

The novella had everything; despair, regret, pain, love, and redemption. The stories I like the most are those that take a very human story. A story of pain and relationships and then weave the paranormal into it perfectly. What I took away from this reading is that there is a fine line between good and evil. I think the characters walked that line flawlessly. Heaven was able to make the story delightfully funny in an evil way and yet sadly tragic at the same time. I thought it was well done, and it makes me able to say I look forward to whatever she writes next. I recommend this as an excellent and believable escape from reality.

Available at:
www.decadentpublishing.com
www.amazon.com
www.kobo.com
www.barnesandnoble.com
www.smashwords.com
www.bookstrand.com
www.allromanceebooks.com
www.itunes.com
www.diesel-ebooks.com
www.omnilit.com
Follow us on:
www.heaveneldeen.com
www.heavenliegheldeen.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/thedemonside
www.twitter.com/thedemonside
www.myspace.com/thedemonside

No comments:

Post a Comment