Saturday, September 22, 2012

Review of White Trash Beautiful


"I’m not naive. I know I don’t get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I’ve made peace with that. That doesn’t mean I’m going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me."

Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Ga with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. One day Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner. He tries to show her that there is more to life than the hand she has been dealt but being with Tucker will come at a high price.

MY REVIEW

Teresa's writing always pulls me in because I want to see where her story is going to go, but this story had me glued to the pages. I am going to say that it was the best I have read from her, and I have read them all. I know, a favorite amoung Teresaisms, is unheard of, but this story grips you emotionally. I could feel Cass' pain. I could see the two sides of her crossroads and knew the predicament she was in. 

This is a story that might not appeal to everyone. The trials the heroine deals with are terrible, but if you have been in a similar place then you will identify with what she is feeling. The longing for a better life, and the feeling of despair at the reality. 


The story is fast paced, but not so fast it is unrealistic. I am not embarrassed to say I read it all today. It has crippling heart break with the hope of a silver lining. Read it, and take it all in. I dare you to!

No comments:

Post a Comment