Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review of In My Dreams



It was happening again. The dreams. The nightmares. It was something seventeen year-old Elizabeth "Lizzy" Hayes thought she'd outgrown; dreams that would come true; detailed premonitions of how people would die. This time she dreams about her boyfriend, Michael Young, and soon discovers that he's been found... dead. 
Michael hasn't crossed over because he was murdered, and now his murderer is coming for Lizzy. His spirit won't rest until she is safe, and as a newbie spirit, the easiest way for him to make contact is through Lizzy's dreams. When she dreams, it's as if he hasn't died. 
Lizzy must learn to pull on her inner strength to survive horrifying events. Meanwhile, in the spirit world, Michael learns everything he can about his supernatural gifts to help. But will it be enough to save her?


MY REVIEW

In My Dreams was an emotional ride from the beginning. I could feel Lizzy's loss and Michael's love. You can tell Cameo really cares for her characters, and she developed them well.   My attention was kept, which says a lot because I get distracted easily. Just when I thought I knew what was going to happen there was another element or layer added to the story.
Young love that is so pure is a rarity, but I feel like Cameo made it believable. I gave the book five stars because it was well thought out, and tugged at the heart strings. I especially like the way everyone made peace at the end, kind of, but you will have to read to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment